· Use illustrations and details in the text to describe its key ideas.
Tested Reading vocabulary: of, how, make, some, why, animal
Tested Spelling words: in, will, did, sit, big, six, trip, grin, drip, crib
We will give the kids a sentence to write which will include words with the vowel sound for the week. We need to see correct capitalization and punctuation.
Tested Language skill: practice punctuation of sentences and capitalization of months and days.
Mondays – Math
Tuesdays – small reading books
Thursdays – hard back reading books
· Adding with 0, 1 and 2
· Adding with doubles
· Adding with near doubles
· Adding with 5 on a ten-frame
· Making a ten on a ten frame
· Drawing pictures and writing a number sentence to match
· We will be researching wild animals and writing a letter to Mr. Elrod about our ideas for a school pet using our research.