This week we will:
· Sequence events in a story
· Compare and contrast
Tested Reading vocabulary: our, today, she, her, would, now
Tested Spelling words: on, got, fox, pop, hot, hop, block, clock, box, lock
We will give the kids a sentence to write which will include words with the vowel sound for the week. We need to see correct capitalization and punctuation.
Tested Language skill: using commas in a series
Mondays – Math
Tuesdays – small reading books
Thursdays – hard back reading books
Please return each the next day.
· Counting tens and ones
· Making groups of tens and ones
· Writing numbers in expanded form
· Recognizing different ways to make a number
· Making an organized list of tens and ones.
· Recognize basic map symbols including references to land, water, cities and roads.
· Using cardinal directions on a map
· Describing uses of a map
· Describing how the location of communities affects the life of the people who live there.
· Identifying continents, mountains, river, lakes, and oceans on a map
· Identify North and South Poles and equator on a map and globe