· Review long and short vowels
· Ask and answer questions
· Describe characters, settings and events in a story
Tested Reading vocabulary: none for this week
Additional Reading vocabulary: boa, elephant, gorilla, hyena, lobster, praying mantis, rhinoceros, sparrow, skunk, stag beetle, whale, yellow jacket, ladybug
Tested Spelling words: trunk, tusk, grouchy, ladybug, shouted, skunk, chest, whale, tail, thank, teeth, beak
Tested Language skill: produce and expand sentences
Mondays – Math
Tuesdays – Guided Readers
Thursdays – reading story
· Adding groups of 10
· Adding and subtracting tens on a 100 chart
· Adding to and subtracting from tens in a two-digit number
· Subtracting from a two-digit number
· Finding extra information in a word problem
· Recognize there are local, state and national leaders.
· Identify patriotic traditions.
· Discuss rules for our state and nation.
· Discuss voting.
· Discuss state laws that include wearing seatbelts, bike helmets, etc.Identify state symbols